The SAP BPC connector creates a direct connection to the SAP BPC SSAS cube.The following architecture picture shows the system components:
This connector generates internally MDX queries to retrieve the data from SAP BPC. Read more on MDX trouble shooting here: Turn on MDX Logging to investigate data or performance issues
The connection to SAP BPC is managed in the System Settings specify the following fields:
- Microsoft Analysis Server: the name or IP address of the SSAS server
- Database: The name of the SSAS database
- Cube: The name of the SSAS cube
- Username & Password: SSAS can only be accessed using windows authentication. For the design studio the windows account of the current logged on user will be used. The website will use the account as specified in the application pool. The services will use the service account.
Use the check button to check if the connection can be made.
Configure CXO-Cockpit to run on SAP BPC
In order to successfully run CXO-Cockpit on an SSAS application the following additional configuration is required.
- Dimension Mapping: all of the CXO-Core Dimensions need to be mapped
- Sometimes it is required to use Dimension Splits in order to get all required dimensions. Specify dimension splits first then map the dimensions.
- Set the Period Frequencies table
- Correct any Dimension Variable errors
You can find the Installation Prerequisites file for SAP BPC in this article.