|Technology||Web technology, IE compatible|
Welcome to the documentation portal of CXO-Cockpit. Use this Wiki style portal to find out how the CXO-Cockpit features should be used. Find answers to your questions using the search functionality, tips and tricks section or read the FAQ.
Logininternet browser and go to your CXO-Cockpit URL. If you don't know the URL contact your CXO-Cockpit Captain. Provide your username, password, source and press login to enter CXO-Cockpit. Based on the security provider used you will be able to change your password. There are two security providers:
The first screen the end-user sees after logging into CXO-Cockpit is Home Page. This is the home page for all applications. It shows the main KPI's and the drill down to underlying entities (or to any other dimension applicable for the KPI). On the right side, it shows the latest news items. On the right bottom pane, it shows the Story Boards that are available to the user. In the bottom pane there is Comments section, available with two tabs – POV Comments and Subsidiary Comments. More details on the Home Page can be found in Home Page article.
Reports & Analysis
CXO-Cockpit allows you with no or limited knowledge of the source system to take maximum advantage of the OLAP analysis. Every report has a pre-defined logical analysis flow that guides you from high level overviews to detailed analysis. Check the analytical capabilities per report in the CXO-Cockpit Templates article.
CXO-Cockpit Template has been used.
Another way of navigating through reports is the StoryBoard functionality, find more out about this functionality at the StoryBoard article.
Navigation within Reports is very intuitive. Possibilities are:
- Changing The POV (Point Of View)
- Drill down along dimensions
- Change the reports Scale and Precision
StoryBoardsHomepage screen.Read more about the StoryBoard functionality here.
Adding Comments to ReportsPOV (point of view), Bookmark and Subsidiary comments.
When the comment area is available on a report then you can add narratives/comments. The comments are attached to the specific report and the current POV. Read more about editing comments in the Comments and Narratives article.
CXO-Cockpit as communication platform
- Email Bookmark, send an email containing the current screen state and include a personal note
- Email StoryBoard, send a full StoryBoard (presentation) to another user
- CXO-Viewer, send a viewer version of the StoryBoard via an email link to a user outside the CXO-Cockpit user community
Printing & ExportingPrint/Export Reports article.
You create management books by printing/exporting full StoryBoards. Read more on printing and exporting StoryBoards in the Export StoryBoard article.
Help & Support
Additional Help & Support options:
- Press the question mark button in the toolbar of the CXO-Cockpit to activate on-screen help
- Check the CXO-Cockpit End-user Frequently Asked Questions
- Check the CXO-Cockpit End-user Tips and Tricks section to see if there is a best practice solution for your case
- Read here how to log a support case
- Read here about CXO-Cockpit client compatibility